We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. Updated policies will be posted at least 30 days prior to any changes taking effect. Your continued use of this site means that you have accepted our modifications. Changes to the Policy will not affect any consents given or withheld that you may have previously given with regard to your Personal Data.
What Is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” includes information or data, in any form, about an identifiable individual.
What Personal Data is collected?
JVNLA collects Personal Data voluntarily provided by you. Personal Information may include name, email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number.
Why Does JVNLA Collect Personal Data?
Personal Data is collected and used for the specific business purpose for which it was collected, including but not limited to:
• To determine eligibility for professional representation by one of our agents;
• To determine eligibility for our internship program;
• To maintain and manage our newsletter subscribe and unsubscribe list.
What Kind of Personal Data Does JVNLA Disclose, to Whom and Why?
• To Third Parties To Perform Processing:
At times, JVNLA may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as file and data storage, and to send email newsletters. As a result, certain Personal Data may be provided to or stored with third party service providers in other countries, including the United Kingdom and, accordingly, may be available to the governments of such other countries under a lawful order made in that country. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and we make efforts to ensure that they protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided. • To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons:
We may be required to disclose Personal Data to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities if so ordered by a court of law or for other legal reasons. • To Third Parties Through Embedded Social Media and Tools:
1. Google Maps This website uses the web mapping service Google Maps of Google Inc. By using this website you give your consent to the collection, processing and exploitation of data potentially collected in an automated fashion by Google and its representatives. 2. Pinterest This website uses the images from Pinterest Inc. By using this website you give your consent to the collection, processing and exploitation of data potentially collected in an automated fashion by Pinterest Inc. and its representatives. 3. Tumblr This website’s blog is embedded from Tumblr, Inc. By using this website you give your consent to the collection, processing and exploitation of data potentially collected in an automated fashion by Oath, as the operator of Tumblr, Inc., and its representatives. 4. YouTube videos In some instances, we have embedded YouTube videos in our newsletters that are stored on the servers of the provider YouTube and that are playable in these newsletters via such embedding. Embedding of the videos is carried out with the activated option for advanced data privacy settings. If you play these videos, YouTube cookies and DoubleClick cookies are stored on your computer, and data is potentially transmitted to Google Inc., as the operator of YouTube. 5. Social Media This website has embedded links to various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest. By clicking on these links you give your consent to the collection, processing and exploitation of data potentially collected in an automated fashion by Facebook, Inc.; Twitter, Inc.; Oath, as the operator of Tumblr, Inc.; and Pinterest Inc. and their respective representatives.
How Long Does JVNLA Retain Personal Data?
We keep your information only for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, or based on any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods.
What are JVNLA’s Security Measures To Safeguard Personal Data?
JVNLA has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access; including but not limited to industry-standard efforts, such as passwords and firewalls. In addition, our employees and any third parties are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
How do I Contact JVNLA Regarding my Personal Data?
I have the right to object to the processing of my personal data, restrict the processing of my personal data and exercise my right to data portability, subject to certain legal conditions. If the data is required for the execution of a contract or the execution of pre-contractual measures, a premature deletion of such data is only possible to the extent that contractual or statutory requirements do not preclude deletion.
If you have any questions or comments, or you wish to correct any of your information:
216 East 75th Street, Suite 1E,
New York, NY 10021
Attention: Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency
firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: JVNLA Personal Data Inquiry
If, after contacting the above, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may file a complaint with an applicable authority.